Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Wyckked Spirituality

Love and Happiness

For Valentine’s Day my less-than-romantic hubby came home from work with 2-dozen beautiful miniature carnations(not a fan of rose scent at all! Lucky bastard gets off cheap with me, lol), took me to see Gnomeo and Juliet(Loved It!) and to Logan’s Roadhouse for dinner. All I can say is GOOD MAN! I didn’t have to drop any hints either, wow. Anyhow, I noticed that a few of the flowers had broken off, not sure if from me or hubby’s big bumbly man-hands, doesn’t matter. Any other time I probably would have thrown the poor little broken ones out but I found an opportunity to extend their sweet little lives. I decided to place them in a pretty little crystal votive holder filled with water and offer them up on the altar as a respectful thank you and acknowledgement to all the Gods and Goddesses of Love for bestowing me with much love and happiness in my life and allowing me to show love and happiness in return to those that I love.

Simple little acts of spirituality like this make my soul sing. Sounds korny I know(I heard somebody snicker out there, lol) but to me spirituality doesn’t have to be an elaborate ritualistic affair to make me feel connected to a higher plane of spiritual awareness or deity although there is nothing like a well thought out and planned for ritual, which I try to do on Esbats and Sabbats for truly sacred connection. But for everyday spirituality I find doing simple little gestures for spiritual connection and worship at some point in the day can be just as soul stirring as the big to-do’s. Even something as simple as seeing the sun coming through the window in the morning or getting that good news in the mail that you have been waiting for can be a moment to say or think a thank you to the Universe and/or Deities for receiving that blessed moment in your day.

So if you find as you go throughout your daily routine something that might offer or trigger a little mindful spirituality by all means take a quick little moment to thank the powers that be for the people and things in your life that bring you love and happiness. It’s yummy spirituality for the soul, lol.

Oh, by the way, I would just like to give a shout out to the Polynesian Goddess Havea Lolo Funua, Goddess of Intercouse, thanks sweetie for putting the thought in my hubby’s head…I needed that…wooohooo, lol.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. HA! Love it! Glad you had a wonderful V Day. And small gestures towards the Divine are what really make it special. Who needs a big to-do when you know what's in your heart? Good post!

    ReplyDelete